Parents worry endlessly about how to protect their children. They take their responsibilities and duties seriously as they take the proper safety measures to safeguard their family from harm. After all, prevention is better than cure.
When you are just starting to raise a family, it is a must for you to make your home childproof. Childproofing your home will lessen your worry. To start off, install safety latches on cabinets and drawers to keep children from poisonous household products. Cover unused electrical outlets with outlet protectors. Be cautious of heavy furniture and fixtures like bookshelves and dressers.
But, one of the most neglected problems that parents fail to think about is their floors. Slippery floors tend to be the cause of most accidents for small children. They can break bones or hurt themselves if they are not careful; all the more when you have playful kids who love to run around. That’s why it’s important to practice water safety at home, but it is also equally important to prevent injuries from happening by picking out the best flooring for your home.
Raising a family needs waterproof flooring especially in wet areas. There are a lot of good flooring materials you can use that are waterproof. Some of the floor coverings available on the market can provide maximum protection against moisture or flooding and can withstand even strong water pressure.
Here are the types of floor coverings that are 100% waterproof.
- Porcelain tile. It is often used in showers, baths, pools, and other wet areas.
- Ceramic tile. Ceramic is a very good material to make your home waterproof. Ceramic tiles are also used in wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens, but they can also be installed in living rooms.
- Sheet vinyl. Sheet vinyl is 100% waterproof because it is made from 100% plastic. This covering will last you a long time if properly cared for.
- Luxury vinyl. Luxury vinyl flooring is designed to be fully waterproof. It can also be installed anywhere given how versatile it is. It is also very resilient and durable.
- Concrete. Concrete can withstand water. It is also long-lasting and very economical. It won’t burden you with constant repair and maintenance costs.
Out of these five choices, luxury vinyl has garnered the best reviews. Luxury vinyl flooring is a technologically advanced creation that mimics natural material in texture, colour and shape. Luxury vinyl can look like stone, wood or tile depending on your own personal sense of style. It is not only waterproof, but it is also comfortable to walk on and it is warm on the feet compared to tiles or stones. That’s why luxury vinyl is considered the best flooring option for homeowners and it might just be the one for you too.